28/05/2012

Day 4: Missions & Conversations

This is the fourth post in my 10 Days of SWTOR Screenshots challenge. Click on any screenshot to see a larger version.

In hindsight I'm not so sure whether this was the best subject to pick for one of my ten days. Looking at my screenshot folder, I was reminded that many of the little cut scenes that I enjoyed the most didn't actually result in any screenshots simply because print screen refused to work, or I was so engrossed in the game that I didn't remember to press the button in time. Still, there is something.


This isn't a very good quality screenshot - part of the UI is visible, it's very dark, and I didn't actually catch exactly the moment I wanted, but it's still a very good representation of what I love about the little cut scenes in the game. It's from the quest Fall of the Locust, which is a Republic side heroic on Taris that is more story-heavy than most heroics. It had already gone grey by the time I did it on my Jedi knight, but I volunteered to help out two other people that were looking for a group simply because I remembered enjoying this quest very much on my Sage. In fact, my high level ended up being a good thing because we couldn't find a healer at the time, so it was handy to have a tank who took virtually no damage.

Anyway, I love this little scene because it has the entire party slowly drawing their weapons at the same time as they encounter a threat, and it really drives home the feeling that you're this strike team that's on a dangerous mission together. Even if I never see that fat bearded Jedi and the dodgy smuggler again, we had something memorable going on when we rescued that twi'lek agent and then proceeded to take care of a dangerous pirate together.


And for something slightly different, my first Imperial side screenshot on this blog! This was when my boyfriend and I unsuccessfully tried to duo the Foundry. We didn't make it past this guy, but I was very impressed with the light show. More enemies should have giant holographic presentations of themselves give illustrated speeches about their devious plans.

4 comments :

  1. "We didn't make it past this guy, but I was very impressed with the light show."

    This guy?! THIS GUY?!!?! DIE ORGANIC MEATBAGS! I just about stroked out when I read that. How can you not know the glorious story of HK-47?

    "Observation: I am a droid, master, with programming. Even if I did not enjoy killing, I would have no choice. Thankfully, I enjoy it very much."


    HK-47: "Retraction: Did I say that out loud? I apologize, master. While you are a meatbag, I suppose I should not call you such."
    Revan: "You just called me a meatbag again!"
    HK-47: "Explanation: It's just that... you have all these squishy parts, master. And all that water! How the constant sloshing doesn't drive you mad, I have no idea."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, have I mentioned that I never played Knights of the Old Republic?

      Delete
    2. And here I thought you would appreciate me posting about doing things on Imperial side... can't please some people! :P

      Delete

Share your opinion! Everyone is welcome, as long as things stay polite. I also read comments on older posts, so don't be shy. :)